Choosing a bag can be very hard. If you ain't a celebrity who can buy every bag he/she wants it will be important to choose the right bag. You don't want to walk with a bag you don't like. But how do you make sure that you will still like your bag in one year? How do you know which bag fits your style? Here's a little help guide for finding a bag that you will like and which suits to your style.
1. Think about your wardrobe. Which colors do you wear a lot? If you wear a lot of black and dark colors you could think about choosing a lighter bag so your whole outfit gets more color. If you wear a lot of purple it wouldn't be a very smart idea to buy a green bag because these colors don't fit with each other. If you want to play for save it's best to choose a color like black. This color doesn't pull dirt (read white) and you can combine it with almost every thing.
2. What is your style? Surf on the web: what is your style quiz and you will find any results. On Marie Claire you can do a very nice quiz and you will hear about your style. When you do this quiz, you will get some tips for your style at the same time so it's defiantly worth doing that quiz! When you know everything about your style (if you don't: google google google) it's time to go to the next step!
Pink bow bag | Studded wallet | Triangle bag | Minted cloud |
3. Go to inspirational sites like weheartit, lookbook or vogue. You can also go to any fashion shop you like. Cut and paste pictures of bags you like into a word document. When your document is full of bags. Select 1 or 2 bags you absolutely adore and admire. You will want to print these out and go to the next step.
4. Now it's time to go shopping!! Of course you will bring your dear friend with you so she can grade 'your' new bag. You can go to a city and search for a look a like of your favourite bag(s) in your local shops. Did you find one? Go to the next step.
5. Now it's time to think about the bag you found. Wear it and look into a mirror if possible. Does it fit to your style and colors? Would you wear it often? Where would you wear it? Ask the opionion of your best friend too, but stay aware! You are the one who is going to wear that bag, you must like it too. If you doubt about the bag you found, leave it in the shop and go for a walk. Have a coffee or go to some other shops and think about it. Also look at the material and your budget. If you have some more money to spend, you will want to buy a leather bag because it doesn't break or damage easily. Make sure to look at the bag carefully. Is it damaged somewhere? Yes? You have two choices: look for another bag, or ask for a discount. I bought a bag ones and because of a little scratch I had to pay 28 US$ less on a leather bag!
I hope you liked this little help guide and see you soon! If you like you can follow my blog and 'behind the scenes' of my blog on twitter, facebook and instagram too. If you want to see my youtube videos before they appear on my blog, you can visit my youtube channel here. For post requests you can mail firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope you all have a great day and I love you ♥♥♥♥♥