Dip dye your hair || DIY

I really love this dip dyed hair trend. As I mentioned in previous posts I love colors, so do I love this dip dye your hair trend.

What is it? Dip dyed hair is coloring the lower part of your hair in another color than your natural 'upper' hair. In this time the lower part of the hair is often coloured in a not-nature like color like pink, green, yellow or blue. Maybe you are a little bit frightened of this trend in the beginning, but when you are finished you will love it. As long as you make sure you first make your hair a very light color, everything will be okay.   

 I looked up how to do this yourself. I found how to do it on http://ellegirl.elle.com/ This trend is btw spotted on the catwalk. If you want to know how to dip dye your hair and if you want to see some Prada fashion show pictures of dip dyed hair, click on read more.


The Prada show 








DIY

Like it, love it, want it? Here are some tips on how to dip dye your own hair. After all, this is a new generation of party people.

What you’ll need: Hair bleach, developer, gloves, brush, foil, dye

1. Mix hair bleach and developer in a plastic bowl until you get an icy-like consistency.
2. Section out your hair; keep first section on top of head with a clip.
3. Split the bottom section in 1/2 and apply bleach to desire ends up to your desire length. Feather the brush towards the top and cover completely.
4. Apply foil (yes, you can steal the foil in your kitchen) to each section of hair, take bottom half of your hair down and do the same.
5. Heat ends with a blow dryer and check each section to make sure they are fully saturated.
6. Remove foils and rinse over the sink.
7. Put your desired hair color into a plastic cup and apply generously! This is the time to have some fun.
8. Wrap colored hair in plastic bag and apply heat, the longer it holds, the better the color keeps.
9. Let hair cool for 5 minutes.
10. Rinse ends with condition and smile at your sick new hair in the mirror!

I've also been searching on the internet and finally I found this little video which shows how to dip dye your hair. Ofcourse you can dip dye your hair with a different color. I read on vogue.co.uk that it's best to visit your hairdresser for a professional result. If you do it at home, it's best to ask a friend or your mother for help. 



I would also like to remind you of my GIVE AWAY and the the questionnaire you can fill in. There are only 9 questions. Please fill them in so I can make the best blog ever for you!
- Give away
- Questionnaire

31 opmerkingen:

  1. Great post, and I love this tutorial <3 Last time I dyed my hair with dry pastels, they looked cool :P Btw check out my newest post, I'd love to hear your opinion ;)

    Kisses :*

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Great Post. I love the Photo.
    A.

    dramaticmode.blogspot.it

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Lovely hair effect, even if I won't try on myself ;)))

    www.lostinunderwear.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I agree with Claudia, I love the final result but I won't try it on my hair!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. lovely hair effect!

    http://greatstyling.blogspot.com.es/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Che forti che sono i capelli bicolore!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Followed you :)

    http://mentrend.blogspot.be/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. I love so much this new trend for hair!!!!
    New post.. I need your help..
    http://elibiostyle.blogspot.it/2012/07/help-me.html
    kiss

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. thanx for posting. im actually scared of dying my hair, but i still tried with a friend's help. my black hair turns out to be so strong that even Loreal products did not alter the color. ;-(


    just me,
    phioxeetravel.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. HI there, thanks for your comment on my blog! I"d love to follow eachother. I've just followed you so it's down to you now :)

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. i've always wanted to dip dye my hair but i'm too in love with my hair and i'm afraid i'll mess it up haha but i love the style so much!

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. It looks so nice - wished my hair would be long enough ;)

    Would be lovely if you visit me too!

    xx
    Alex

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. of course, i just followed you, hope you do same :)
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. that`s a cool idea:) looks good.
    www.rambutan18.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. of course :)
    i follow you now:)
    hope you do same :)
    http://photosloveandhappiness.blogspot.de/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. babe where do you follow me cus i guess my bloglovin is fucked up :/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. I have never tried that, but it looks absolutely great on some people!

    By the way, thanks for stopping by. As for your question- yes, I'd like to follow each other. I have already followed you, waiting for a follow back :)

    http://glamourxkills.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. wow i love the dip dye!!
    she looks so stunning!!
    like ur blog a lot, would be happy if we could follow each other :))
    xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  19. I like it, nice post! :)

    http://www.fashion-bite.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  20. I tried to diy my hair but it ended up in disaster.
    Thanx for this post! So helpful! I ll definitely gonna follow your advices.

    Christina xxx
    2stylemates.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  21. I find on your blog basic ideas and well achieved.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  22. DipDyed hair looks so cute! Love the first picture

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  23. So cute! Thanks for visiting my blog! I'd love for us to follow each other!

    www.samspinkslippers.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  24. hey honey thanks for your lovely comment! and of coursee!! I would love if we follow each other!! Im already following :)

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  25. nice ombre hair!
    i waaant to color my hair, but my school won't let me do this :(
    love your blog, i'm your new follower, mind to follow back? thank you :)

    xx
    www.earlithaolivia.blogspot.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  26. thank you so much for visit me and lovely comment:) of course we can follow each other:) I'm your newest folower, please follow me back:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  27. NIce blog! :D

    Following you dear and would love if you check mine and follow back if you like
    In a Blonde's Wardrobe

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  28. This looks so amazing! i love this hair style!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Your comments make me happy, thank you so much!