I really love this dip dyed hair trend. As I mentioned in previous posts I love colors, so do I love this dip dye your hair trend.
What is it? Dip dyed hair is coloring the lower part of your hair in another color than your natural 'upper' hair. In this time the lower part of the hair is often coloured in a not-nature like color like pink, green, yellow or blue. Maybe you are a little bit frightened of this trend in the beginning, but when you are finished you will love it. As long as you make sure you first make your hair a very light color, everything will be okay.
I looked up how to do this yourself. I found how to do it on http://ellegirl.elle.com/ This trend is btw spotted on the catwalk. If you want to know how to dip dye your hair and if you want to see some Prada fashion show pictures of dip dyed hair, click on read more.
The Prada show
Like it, love it, want it? Here are some tips on how to dip dye your own hair. After all, this is a new generation of party people.
What you’ll need: Hair bleach, developer, gloves, brush, foil, dye
1. Mix hair bleach and developer in a plastic bowl until you get an icy-like consistency.
2. Section out your hair; keep first section on top of head with a clip.
3. Split the bottom section in 1/2 and apply bleach to desire ends up to your desire length. Feather the brush towards the top and cover completely.
4. Apply foil (yes, you can steal the foil in your kitchen) to each section of hair, take bottom half of your hair down and do the same.
5. Heat ends with a blow dryer and check each section to make sure they are fully saturated.
6. Remove foils and rinse over the sink.
7. Put your desired hair color into a plastic cup and apply generously! This is the time to have some fun.
8. Wrap colored hair in plastic bag and apply heat, the longer it holds, the better the color keeps.
9. Let hair cool for 5 minutes.
10. Rinse ends with condition and smile at your sick new hair in the mirror!
I've also been searching on the internet and finally I found this little video which shows how to dip dye your hair. Ofcourse you can dip dye your hair with a different color. I read on vogue.co.uk that it's best to visit your hairdresser for a professional result. If you do it at home, it's best to ask a friend or your mother for help.