(Personally, I like all dresses displayed in this post, especially the first one in pretty pink. I found these dresses on the green guide dot com. Browse their site to find yours. )
Planning to get a dress for your homecoming party? Then why not consider designing your own dress for this occasion? If you have a knack for arts and design, this will be a fun project for you. Not only will you be in full control of the style and look that you want to pull off, but you can also save some money at the same time.
Steps In Designing Your Homecoming Dress:
One of the benefits you can get from designing your own dress is that you’ll be assured that no one will wear the same dress like the one you have on this night. All you need to do is create your unique design and the seamstress will do the work for you. Here are the steps in designing your dress for the homecoming party:
1. Style – The first thing you have to think of in designing your dress is the style. Homecoming dresses comes in a variety of lengths such as the short length, mid length, knee high length, and the floor length. Aside from that, you also have to consider the neckline cuts whether it would be one shoulder, two strap, sweetheart, or strapless. Once you have conceptualize the style of your homecoming dress, then it’s time to begin sketching on your sketch pad.
2. Color – Once you are finish with your sketch, then it’s time to add up colors to your dress to make it interesting. The shades can be composed on a single color or it can also be many colors depending to your preference. You are in luck this year the fashion forecast dictates that the more colorful your dress is, the better. Just make sure to stick with rainbow colors to make your dress looking fabulous.
3. Details – Make up your mind if you want your dress to include with some embroidery and other details like embellished stones, intricate stitch patterns, and other ornaments. A detailed dress will exude more glimmer and glamour that can add beauty to your overall look.
4. Fabrics – Homecoming dresses are usually made from silk, satin, jersey, taffeta, and other luxurious fabrics. Decide on which will be the cloth material to be used in making your dress to ensure the fit and comfort and you’ll be assured of looking pretty for the rest of the evening.
5. Final touches – Add some final touches on the sketch of you homecoming dress so that everything will be clear in detail. Once you have completed your dress then it’s time to send this to the seamstress so that she will be able to get your right measurements and start making this dress for you.
Conclusion:So if you don’t see the kind of dress you like anywhere in malls, dress shops, and boutiques then get your creative juices flowing and design your very own homecoming dress instead. Create a masterpiece that you can surely flaunt to everybody and wear something distinct on this one of a kind evening.